11.16.2012

Mother of Dragons

If you know me, then you know that I love Game of Thrones. A friend turned me on to the books well before the HBO series and from there the obsession continued to grow.

I decided to dress up as Daenerys for Halloween this year and I couldn't be happier with how my costume turned out. I thrifted a faux-suede skirt that I ripped up and then I made a pattern for the shirt which I sewed in a course brown suiting material that I found. A little spattering of "blood," a long blond wig braided in Daenerys' signature style and a lot of bronzer later...I think I nailed it!

2 comments:

aprillynn said...

Your hair looks awesome! Great job! I am reading the first Game of Thrones book right now and waiting impatiently for the show to come back on HBO.

http://www.aprilgolightly.com

Heist said...

I'm so glad you're reading them...they really are awesome! xo