4.26.2013

ANR

A few weeks ago my friends, ANR, asked me to sing backup vocals for them at one of their upcoming shows. Now if you're a long-time reader of this blog then you know I'm pretty much obsessed with them. I mean they even inspired one of my collections. What you may not know is that I've always wanted to be a backup singer. Nope, not a lead singer. A BACKUP singer. I think it started with Guns N' Roses but that's a different story.

So obviously I said yes. And I probably had one of the most fun nights...no make that weeks...ever. As a solo classical pianist all my life and throughout undergrad (I have a Bachelors of Music degree from the University of Miami), I hardly ever have the chance to play with other musicians, let alone super-awesome-crazy-talented friends of mine.

So what's next? Recording backup vocals for their upcoming album and we already have another gig in the works! That's right, guys...backup singer dreams coming true before your very eyes!



Photos by Jesse Meadows


A Year of Solitude Pays Off


It's Around You


Stay Kids

No comments: